Here collected some of the projects I developed in the past or working on them now.
Five minute to work
This is a job searching service based on job location. It just shows latest job vacancies on the map. Simple but effective. To make it work it scraps job sites, parses vacancies, grabs location, finds its geolocation and places marker to the map.
Beauty shops aggregator for Russian-speaking segment. Mainly developed for studying Ruby on Rails framework, soon it turned to a separate product with its own audience.
What's under the hood:
- Ruby on Rails 4.2 (migrated from 2.3.5)
- Data scraper written on Perl. Parsing raw HTML using regular expressions.
- Frontend server: nginx, application server: unicorn
- Full text search using Sphinx
- Using HandlerSocket plugin for hit-counting
- Scaling images on the fly using nginx's http_image_filter_module
Rack Yandex Metrika
Rack Yandex Metrika is a Ruby gem. It's a simple Rack middleware to help injecting the Yandex Metrika tracking code in a website.
This middleware injects tracking code into the correct place of any request only when the response's Content-Type header contains html (therefore text/html and similar).
The project code is based on Rack Google Analytics project.
Tank Auth is an authentication library for PHP-framework CodeIgniter. It's based on DX Auth, although the code was seriously reworked.
The key points of the library are:
- Very compact (less than 20 files and 4 DB-tables)
- Using phpass library for password hashing (instead of unsafe md5).
- Login using username, email address or both (depending on config settings).
- Registration is instant or after activation by email (optional).
- Forgot password (letting users pick a new password upon reactivation).
- Change password or email for registered users.
- CAPTCHA support (native and reCAPTCHA are available).
and many more…